Monday 28 August 2017

Thanks a million



According to Google's Blogger stats, over the weekend this blog topped 1 million page views so I guess we must be doing something right!

It would be hard to come up with something new to say every day, if it weren't for the fact that we are all bombarded by stuff from other blogs and groups, from advisories and committees, and from several billion Websites. There's lots of stuff going on in the world of infosec which keeps me interested and hopefully you too.

My main concern is the human as opposed to technological aspects, hence my overriding interest in promoting good practices in information risk and security governance and management (especially ISO27k and security metrics), security awareness, policies, procedures etc. to keep a lid on social engineering scams, frauds, hacks and malware attacks, ineptitude, thievery, spying, piracy and so forth. Having said that, managing technology requires understanding it (IT especially) so I try my best to keep an eye on that too. And the physical side. And compliance. And risk management.  And business ...

I interpret and react to the news rather than simply passing things on, an approach I hope rubs off on you. I'm expressing personal opinions here, hopefully adding value based on my experience and knowledge. I encourage you all to think about what you read, reinterpret it in your context, be critical and by all means disagree with me. I don't hold all the answers. I know I am outspoken, cranky and off-base sometimes. I'm human too. This blog is my catchpa!

OK, must press on. We have sick animals to tend plus an awareness module to complete. Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The floor is yours ...